Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pound Cake & Beach Bath's

Life...with pound cake, what could be better! Okay so seriously, I had cut myself a slice to have with my morning cup of goodness and as is the usual I got distracted (probably something to do with baby-cakes) and set the little nugget I had left on our side table.

A few minutes later I turned around to find that Abigail had not only found my "nugget" but proceeded to hold it daintily in both hands with a mouth full of cake and the only sound that emitted from her body was "Mmmmmmmmmmmm".

What could a mother do but grab her camera, right?!? As you can see, she's enjoying it...to the fullest.

Having a little tea/coffee party with her dolly and baby.


When you can't go to the beach, bring the beach into the bathtub ~ well not exactly, but still fun. Tanner decided to join in the fun too.


So...anyone have any experience with toddlers (well okay 20 month olds) and seasonal allergies? Abigail has had a runny nose (clear 92% of the time) now since Mother's day and just the past few days has it also been accompanied with a cough (of which I'm sure is from the drainage). I am still not convinced that it could be allergies cause most of my experience with colds/viruses the discharge is usually colored. Nonetheless, she runs like a faucet each day. Sleep was disrupted in the early days but she is managing to sleep with/through it now. Speaking of sleep, sounds like a good idea to me.

6 comments:

Tammie said...

More then likely Ruth- Abigail will need to go through a season here in the NW for her body to become acclimated to the pollens, trees, etc around her. this is her first summer here and many of these things she hasn't been around.

I bet it's just her body adjusting to the environment.

Rubber Ducky Chronicles said...

Have you tried Zyrtec? Our Ped. recommended it for Ty. He too has experienced the same in the past and we are boogie free! It has also helped his exzema. I love all the new pictures by the way!

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Hi There Ruth and Brian!
Brian can you drop me an e-mail
jewerlybycanela@yahoo.com.
Cheers!
Canela

Rubber Ducky Chronicles said...

Regarding your Zyrtec question, they have it for children 2 yrs. and up. Our ped. told us to give Ty 1/2 tsp. before bed. This was when he was between 20-22 months.

k1 said...

That is either a mighty short tub you've got or that's a mighty l-o-n-g young man!!! I was just glad to see you weren't referring to a bathtub full of sand!

So cute that Agibail grabbed the cake. Thought for a minute that it may have been Maizie

LauraM said...

I love the pictures. I read on FB that Abigail has a cough. It really could be allergies, but there is also a cough and fever thing going around school.

Tanner is the bestest big brother. Noah and Dalton aren't so bad either.

Love you.

Post a Comment