Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A little of this...a little of that

Trying to play a little catch-up. We've had a beautiful Fall so far this year. Lots of crisp, cool, sometimes foggy mornings that burn off into incredibly beautiful sunny days. The colors of the leaves on the trees are vibrant and full of explosions of red, orange, yellow, burgundy, rust, greens and browns.

My days are divided between taking care of a two year old, managing 3 teenage boys, driving back and forth to classes, and lets not forget about housework as well. Some days the juggling gets the best of me and other days I seem to ride with it. Ahhhh, motherhood!

A few pics of Abigail enjoying a sunny day.



 
 
Abigail in her new b-day sweater from her friend J and her mommy & daddy.
 
Thought I would have a little fun and post a picture of Abigail and me from September 2008, right after we returned home from China.I'd say she looks a little different as she's grown up quite a bit too. At least she's learned how to smile, that's for sure!
Dalton, our oldest son started his new job Monday. Guess where?? You better bet I'm reaping the "Chai soy latte, no foam, no water, 175 degrees" benefits. He's actually worked as a barista in a local grocery store and has now transferred to one of the corporate stores. Better perks!

We have another driver in the house.
"Oh dear Lord" as my oldest puts it!
Tanner passed his written test last Friday and has been driving ever since. Back in the passenger seat I go. So far so good though, he's a really good listener and follows instructions to the letter. NOW...if I can only get him to listen and follow directions in the kitchen with his dishes.

We also have our first ever 'Homecoming Prom' this Saturday night. Pictures to come...




4 comments:

LauraM said...

What a nice "catch up". I can't believe Tanner is driving, too. I guess I'll be there next year at this time, too. Abigail has grown so much and totally knows how to smile. Way to go Dalton. I wish my boys worked there! Which boy(s) are going to homecoming? Is he going with someone from Monroe? Just curious.

Love you.

Krissy said...

You have such an amazingly beautiful handsome family. Thank you for sharing them with me!! :) Love and hugs to all!

Brian and Melinda said...

Ok, this is getting really scary!
Our Tannor just passed his written test last Friday after school and all three of my older kids will be attending their homecoming dance this Sat. WOW, I get tickled every time I read your posts wondering what things are gonna be the same as our family's. Way to go Dalton, Congats I LOVE starbucks!! Beautiful pics as usual of sweet Abigail, it is awesome to see the changes in our girls, from then to now.
Melinda

k1 said...

For "home"schooling, you don't spend a lot of time at home!

Aren't you glad the boys can start to take over some of the transportation duties?

Post a Comment