Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A sister for Abigail

Really, it's not what you think!

While we were in the 'waiting' process for Abigail a friend of ours gave us this beautiful Asian like baby doll for her. It took Abigail a while before warming up to the idea of having a doll in the first place, but now she is pretty much inseparable from this sweet dolly.

Most days she likes to hold her, rock her, come up to me with her hands cupping both sides of her cheeks and whisper to me, "Sshhh, baby sleeping!!!"

So a few days ago, she was sitting on the couch with her baby in her lap and we had this conversation.
Mommy: Do you love your baby doll Abigail
Abigail: Yeah, she's my sister
Mommy: Oh really, your sister huh?
Abigail: Uh huh
Mommy: And what is your sister's name?
Abigail: China

So thus, we've informed Daddy that we now have a sister named China! Dad was relieved that he didn't have to change the messy diapers on this one!

3 comments:

Krissy said...

That is so precious! I love little girls and their dollies - no one teaches them that stuff, they just know! I do love your blog, even though I don't comment very much. I'm glad you are back :) Love to all. k

LauraM said...

Love her sister China. I had to reset my password. Hopefully it will work now.

k1 said...

How sweet. Next thing you know, you'll be deciding she needs a human sister because her big brothers are moving on with their lives into adulthood..... just like TB!

Post a Comment