Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Disappointment

We've all had it, experienced it, worn it, lived with it to one degree or another! 

It could be as simple as forgetting to put the washing machine lid down on your laundry you need that morning OR opening the frig only to find out that you have no 1/2 and 1/2 for your coffee that morning OR that favorite pair of jeans just so happens to have a hole in the knee.

Maybe it's a bit more than 'simple', like rushing to your gate at the airport (because you were held up at security for no other reason than the guard was having a bad day and decided to pick YOU to search) only to find out that your plane just left OR walking out to your car to find your tire is flat and you are definitely going to be late to your appointment OR by the way you won't be receiving that referral for your daughter in the 6 month timetable you were expecting.

But what happens when it's life altering?, like you just lost your job OR you didn't get admitted to the program you were pursuing OR that check you were anticipating to receive from (probably shouldn't say _ _ _) didn't (and possibly isn't going to) come OR lost a loved one either expectantly/unexpectedly?

Can't say that I have the answers to any of these ~ what I can say is it comes down to how we handle that disappointment! Do you handle it with anger (if you were searched by airport security - then yeah maybe)? Do you handle it with depression? Do you handle it with sigh/defeat/resignation? Do you handle it with grace?

Without specifics, all I can say is that I am learning...how am I going to handle this disappointment???

3 comments:

k1 said...

So sorry something is going wrong for you (and/or yours). I am sure you will handle it.... somehow. :)

Gotta meet up again sometime Girl!

Truly Blessed said...

Well, you might need to start with a simple (if not heartfelt) "thank you" for the opportunity to bee going through such difficult circumstances -- not my 1st choice, I must add, but it is God's:
1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 (New International Version, ©2011)

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

19 Do not quench the Spirit.

I'm sorry that you're going through something that is disappointing. You will get past it!

firegirl said...

I am so sorry you are going through a difficult time. I pray for you to get past the disappointment you are facing. I think we all have handeled disappointments in all of those ways at one time or another. I have found that many of my disapointments have been the best things that have/or have not happened to me and getting through them has helped me grow as a person. Hugs and positive thoughts!

Michelle (glad the comments are back on : )

Post a Comment