Friday, November 25, 2011

Over the turkey and onto the tree

Oh my golly gosh! I cannot believe Thanksgiving is already over and the swirl and whirl of Christmas...well it's already been brewing and visible from just about everywhere you go. We got to spend Thanksgiving at one of Brian's brothers house where the food was just how you dreamed it would be and the silliness and practical fun lived up to family standards ;-).



I mean seriously the number of commercials over the past couple of days advertising the you can't nor shouldn't miss 'black Friday' shopping events starting before you've cleared the dinner table and set it for dessert almost competes with all the 'said' political campaign ads for the next election!



NO, I am not a bu**-crack of dawn black Friday shopper!!! I see no reason to miss out on optimum sleep just to go out in the cold and fight the grumpy men, women and children for that one (or whatever number I would need to buy) item that happens to have been advertised for that low, low price, but only between the hours of 12:00am & 12:42am. It WILL go on sale again...maybe even cheaper if I shop smart!

Nonetheless, Thanksgiving day is done, the pie is almost gone and thus dawns a new day...a new advent season to celebrate the MOST important birthday ever! We are excited!
"Glory to God in the Highest"

No comments:

Post a Comment