Struggling in Transition, what exactly is that?! Is it anything like 'Lost in Translation' or ' Confused in Suburbia' or Perplexed in a Dry land???
I am not completely sure. What I know is that while hubby was unemployed, it became really difficult to stay/keep focused, motivated, inspired to do so many things either chore-wise or fun-wise. And now that he is gone from the home with a regular schedule, I find that I spend a lot of time sitting and thinking about things and less time doing the things that I am thinking about. Things like:
I am not completely sure. What I know is that while hubby was unemployed, it became really difficult to stay/keep focused, motivated, inspired to do so many things either chore-wise or fun-wise. And now that he is gone from the home with a regular schedule, I find that I spend a lot of time sitting and thinking about things and less time doing the things that I am thinking about. Things like:
- spending more time reading/studying my bible so I can know God better
- keeping up with all the laundry
- managing to keep the kitchen clean (hard to do when your kids are in there all the time)
- organizing my house so it does not always look (or rather feel) chaotic
- planning a fun day trip ~ hiking, picnicking, etc.
- keeping dust off of any/all surfaces
- take a shower before noon
- teaching Abigail that her favorite word does not have to be "NO" (with the amount of times she says this in a day ~ always trying to follow it up with "YES" when she says it)
- keeping my one and only bathroom clean (being the only one it is used alot)
- eating healthier (I could always do better at this)
- losing the extra pounds I have put on since being home from China (I think it's that over 40 thing)
So, today I have decided to struggle no more. I will attempt to stay and maintain focus, clarity, motivation, stamina to get 'things' done.
6 comments:
I hear you. This crazy computer steals my time from accomplishing my "To Do" list, but it is also my little break in the day. Hang in there. Glad to hear hubby has a new job. We might be in the same boat at the end of July.
I understand completely. I do so much better when I have a list. I don't know why I don't just make at list. duh. I can turn on the computer to look something up and by the time I start typing, I go straight to emails and then FORGET why I got on the computer to start with! Calgon! Don't worry...you'll find your groove!
I wish you success!!! If you manage to do it, lend me some of your self discipline!
When you get it figured out, let me know. I have had the house to myself all week (boys at camp and hubby at work) and I haven't accomplished much.
It is difficult to get everything coordinated even with lists. I am so far behind! DH manages AA and meals, errands and takes care of all those little things that go wrong! I also have put on weight since China (it is definitely an over 50 thing too!).
Keep being happy, loving that family. That's all that matters.
Alyzabeth's Mommy for Almost Ten Months!
How is it going? Both Daddy's job and your goals, that is. Hoping like crazy that you're successful in your quests (the dust one would wipe me out!).
Post a Comment