Thursday, September 24, 2009

Little Miss Girly-Girl turns 2

Well at least I don't win the "TOTAL LOSER" mom award as I managed to get this one posted ON the actual birthday! I really did not think when I woke up this morning that it was going to be one of those days.

Abigail's day started with quite the bang, 5:45am to be exact! And NO I did not get up with her then, rather I allowed her to talk and sing in her crib until I was completely positive I was not going to fall back to sleep.

We, the collective 4 of us (Daddy and Tanner were both out of town) ~ The Mommy, Dalton, Noah and Grandma Webb (who surprised us with a special birthday visit) made the decision that the little Princess needed to start her day with presents. So she began with the present she received in the mail from Aunt/Uncle/Cousins, then G-ma/Papa and lastly ours - a Dora tent with tunnel.

Next order of business was breakfast! Now, in our house it has always been the tradition that if there is left-over cake from the night before, they could have it for breakfast. Well, why break the tradition now right?!? AND since we had cake left over from last night's party (which ultimately meant I did not need to bake another one for Little Miss Girly-girl - at least not this year. I know I won't always get away with this one.) - WaLaa - cake for breakfast. And not just any cake but Birthday cake. So we proceeded to place a candle in the cake, lit it, she blew it out and then enjoyed it thoroughly.


Moving on...alas, time for a nap, if you remember correctly Little Miss Girly-girl was up early! So down she goes and I take a sigh of relief. I figure I have a few moments and I head to our family drug store for some peace and quiet. My phone rings - it's from home - Noah says, "Mom, Abigail woke up and threw up in her crib!" Did I forget to mention that she has developed a cold and usually when that happens the snot is enough to make you want to throw up! I race home to have Noah inform me that it is just "spit-up" of which Dalton quickly corrects him and says, "That's not spit up...go look in the crib." I guess I am going to have to teach that oldest boy of mine what "spit-up" is versus "it's everywhere". Yep, it was just a small amount of spit-up - probably caused by a coughing fit gone bad.

Well, Little Miss Girly-girl is bathed, changed and ready for the day - AGAIN! I am happy to report that we managed to make it through the rest of the day without too much drama - no afternoon nap, but still not too much drama.

It will be early to bed for Birthday girl!
Happy 2nd Birthday, sweet Little Miss Abigail!

3 comments:

Brian and Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Abigail. Hope you feel better. Looks like the frosting was good. She sure is a cutie.
Brian

Truly Blessed said...

Happy Birthday Abigail! Sorry you had some drama on your special day...

LauraM said...

Happy Birthday Abigail. YOu look so grown up. It sounds like you had a great day!

Post a Comment