Sunday, February 6, 2011

Busy Birthday Weekend

It all starts with a cake...don't you think?!?

I mean seriously, when you think of a birthday don't you automatically associate them with cake?! Well, we do most definitely. After all I do have a house full of men...who LOVE cake!

So, when I asked Tanner what kind of cake he wanted for his 17th birthday, I expected the usual household tradition of spice cake and surprisingly...nope! He requested that I make my homemade ooey-gooey chocolate cake with the powder sugar dusting on top!
And...let's just say that cake tastes better when its baked in a bundt!!!


Princess could barely contain her enthusiasm for Tanner's birthday and insisted on putting the candles on the cake even before his guests arrived!

Tah-Dah!!!


Birthday boy enjoying his new b-day present! No...really...he's thrilled ~ just lack of showing the emotion about it.


Since Princess goes to bed by 7pm we had to light candles, sing Happy Birthday and she had to have a taste all before the party even began! She's already asking whose birthday comes next.



Gone are the days of my baby boy sitting on my lap (not that he doesn't try of course).

February 5th, 2011
My dearest Tanner...Happy Happy Birthday to you my sweet boy!!! I love you so much more than words can say!

No comments:

Post a Comment