Sunday, March 20, 2011

1,825 days...it's worth mentioning

One thousand eight hundred twenty-five days!!!
No seriously...1,825 days ~ it's totally worth mentioning.
For those 'math savvy' individuals you've already figured out that 1, 825 days is equivalent of 5 years. Now what's so special about 5 years, you ask?? {Long gone are the days of living life with days/weeks/months through the excruciating long wait}
Today, marks the anniversary of my very first blog post and dude...that's A LOT of words!
Nothing really pretty...just an adoption timeline blog post { you can find it here: Life with Abigail, March 2006 }.

SHE ...

{Princess Abigail}

was the inspiration for blogging. A chance to record the lessons we were learning along the way; a chance to journal thoughts, feelings, frustrations. IF it were not for our journey to adopt Abigail I truly do not believe I would have ever started a blog in the first place. So, I guess I need to give credit where it is due...
"Princess Abigail, thank you so much, for not only blessing our family with the sheer joy of you, but thank you for giving me reason to document the 'who' we are as a family!"

And what's a post without pictures, right? So here's a little taste of what we (the fam) looked like back then. Boy oh boy have the boys changed.

{l-r back, the mommy, the daddy, Mr. Jim
l-r front, Dalton, Tanner}

{l-r back, Mr. Jim, the daddy, the mommy
l-r front, Dalton, Noah}

{l-r back, Tanner, Noah
l-r front, the daddy holding Miss L, the mommy}

{l-r back, the mommy, the daddy, Noah
l-r front, Dalton, Tanner}

Thinking back over the past 5 years, oh my word, so much has happened! We lived through 20 changes in season ~ a few snow storms, a few scorching hot summers, even a wind storm knocking out our power for a week. We've lived through puppies, vacations, school, holidays, driver's ed, sports just to name a few. We adopted and changed our family forever. And...for the record, menopause bites! I mean seriously...sitting down at your computer desk with so much to say only to realize you have no idea what you were going to say = walking into a room forgetting why you were there- 100-fold!
But that's a story for another day.
Here's to the past 5 years on record...and to the next ___ years to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the blogging then i will know what is happening around here! I love you. Brian

k1 said...

yea! you enabled the comments! Now, who is the guy in the green sweatshirt in the "way we were" pics??? That can't be Dalton.

Brian and Ruth said...

K1...Nope, not Dalton but a family friend. I will post names so it will be easy to see how much they've changed!

P.s thanks for your comment too! Figured I'd had given myself enough space to grow!

Truly Blessed said...

5 years -- congratulations!!!

We mamas sure have a lot to say!

Post a Comment