Fickle might be one word to describe it, or
Capricious just might be another. But...how about,
Mercurial just might be a better fit being that our weather this entire year has been quite flighty and temperamental to say the least.
Why just a few days ago we had temperatures in the 80's and within a 23 (no seriously only 23) hour time span our weather turns from 'summer-like' to 'definitely FALL' with the crisp cool mornings, fog lingering throughout the trees...you know those kinds of mornings!
Nonetheless, Fall - Autumn - whatever you want to call it, is here. And since I still can't get my head (or rather heart) around it, I thought I'd post a few more summer pictures.
During Brian's vacation we took Abigail to the river for an afternoon of play.
No...it's not quite Maui (as 1 year ago we were sitting on a beach in Maui together) and it doesn't matter where, I'd sit on any beach with this beloved man!
Now this is the "classic" spot you would find my dear sweet husband...in the shade! He's not much of a sun lover like I am.
And although my towel isn't here (I did want to sit by him) this is where you would find me, smack dab in the sunshine soaking up a little Vitamin D!!!
Isn't she a beautiful Chinese Princess?!?!? While we were in China in 2008, a fellow travel mate of ours had friends who lived a few hours away from where we were staying in Chongqing. She asked her friends if they could find any 'authentic' outfits depicting where our girls came from. They happily obliged and brought Abigail as outfit too ~as close as they could get to the Tujia-Miao people. I'm glad I remembered I had it too as she won't be able to wear it again...it was really tight to say the least.
No comments:
Post a Comment