Tuesday, March 27, 2012

10 Weeks and 3 days!

'Captains log:
It's been 10 weeks and 3 days since we've last spotted movement on Planet loving to the fullest. Our suspicions are that all known lifeforms have gone into hibernation...'

Hibernation...aw yes, that's exactly what this has been...a time to crawl in a hole and come out when the grass definitely is greener (and longer) than it was before...

Actually, no particular reason what-so-ever and yet EVERY reason in the book why blogging got shelved!

Let's just say for lack of better words, LIFE HAPPENED! And then it happened some more. To even begin to re-cap the events that have taken place, would take...well, just about 10 weeks and 3 days! My head is racing right now, rushing with ideas of how I could ramble on the details in less than a minute like some comedians can do and yet my fingers wouldn't be able to keep up.

FACT: 4 months ago I accepted a job as a preschool asst helper with 2 & 3yrs at Princess' preschool just 3 mornings a week.

FACT: 3 1/2 months ago I lost my Dad; a great man who loved God, who loved his family (couldn't talk about them without tears), who had a ginormous heart for the poor and heavy-burdened, who loved to carve, who clearly loved life!

FACT: Grieving the loss of him has been hard, sometimes unbearable and often just down-right sucks!

FACT: About 1- 1/2 months ago, I quit my job at the preschool to help walk my Mom through her journey of grieving and healing.

FACT: I continue to raise my 4 kids (thank goodness - though times hibernating from them does seem like a good choice :-) ); helping each one of them maneuver through the challenges, joys, trials of their lives.

FACT: I am THE wife to THE most amazing man on this planet (yes, the loving to the fullest planet...and BEYOND!); who accepts me just where I am no matter what.

FACT: I will be sending off my oldest son to the ARMY, just 6 weeks from today.

FACT: I will be sending off my 2nd son to Ethiopia for a missions trip in just about 3 1/2 months.

FACT: My 3rd son (as well as my 2nd) have recently begun to get connected at our previous church both in youth group and youth worship band and are coming alive in Christ, shining His glory throughout!

FACT: I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter who thinks she should have the same privileges as her older brothers, has the attitude of a teenager, says the cutest things ("When I was born in China, all the people around me spoke Chinese" ~ good to know!) and can bring us JOY and often unpleasant words to mind - sometimes all at the same moment!

FACT: I have THE most amazing girlfriends EVER!!! These ladies signed up for a job that clearly they never realized they were getting themselves into. The journey has been dirty, chaotic, irrational, painful and often just plain flipping hilarious (no really, I am super funny to laugh at). I couldn't nor wouldn't want to do life without them.

FACT: It's incredibly easy to, not only get stuck, but stay stuck in my little small story!

Amen, right!?! How many times do you ~ me ~  we find ourselves sharing with others when asked, "how are you doing?" or "how are things going?", the same answer or a version of the same story comes out of our mouths??? I know I'm guilty. I can continue to stay stuck in my small story of how busy I am or how hard it is for me to deal with the death of my dad or __________(pick one, right?!?) And yet, I am so much more than the circumstances I find myself in today, tomorrow, next week... In no way does it diminish the pain I feel, stress I carry, worry I have...yet, I need to choose to constantly submit my 'small story' to the Lord and allow Him to transform me in and through that story. There will always be 'stuff' to go through, deal with, sort out. My perspective on and of that 'stuff' is what matters.  In my daily devotional, yesterday's message spoke to this very topic. It reads from the point of view as God speaking to us, it said, "Are you looking at problems through your perspective or mine? On your own, you see an insurmountable mountain - a "giant" of a problem - while I see a tiny dot on the roadmap of your life. From my vantage point, the problem pales in comparison to the solution I've provided."

So...in short long...10 weeks and 3 days, LIFE is good, but God is greater!

No comments:

Post a Comment