Monday, July 8, 2013

Is it a lost art??

6 months to the day!

Wow, I knew it had been a while, but I didn't realize until I randomly sat down at my computer and decided to open up my blog {instead of running to the library since I had a free minute} and lo and behold I see it, there in print...January 8, 2013...the last time I blogged!

So I scrolled through the few blogs I follow and I notice 2 days, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 10 months, 1 year, 2 years...these are the number of days/months/years since others have last posted. So glad to see I'm in good company, but it got me thinking: Is Blogging a lost art??

My answer I believe would be YES! and NO! I know so many who Blog daily (or just about) and I know many who, like myself, have allowed life to takes its natural journey into busyness and well honestly something somewhere has to give. 

Blogging for me is so much like pregnancy to labor and delivery! A thought will land, begin to develop - the words will come and before long I'm in that grueling agony of labor trying to pull out just the right words in an ocean of randomness going on in my brain. I LOVE to write...yet putting everything together so it actually sounds cohesive ~ fluid...well that's ART!

And usually this kind of post would be reserved for the 'catch-up' details (with pictures if you're lucky), but not today! No, today is beautiful and reflective and full of pondering ~ which really means it's filled with questions about whether or not blogging is worth the time and effort. It's at this point that I hear my dear sweet friend Krissy whispering in my ear telling me "most definitely YES!!!"

So dear KRISSY...this post is for you!!!

And I would not feel right at all closing without giving honor here to my Oldest, sweetest boy son who turns 21 today...

 
Dalton, I love you to the moon and back! Thank you for serving our great country so that I can live in Freedom. Thank you for blessing my life 21 years ago with your arrival. Thank you for each and every grey hair you had a hand in turning on this Momma's head. Thank you for teaching me how to love. Thank you for growing me into the Mom, woman, wife I am today through the privilege of raising you through all those years. We've laughed together, we've cried together, we've played together, we've love together! I would NOT trade any of my moments with you...ever. I love you so much and I am so incredibly proud of the man you are today! 
Jesus, thank you for letting me be his mom!





1 comment:

k1 said...

I am saddened my the demise of the blogs. I blame Facebook. Don't get me wrong, I like Facebook, and it's easier to connect with a lot more people at one time, but it just isn't as personal or intimate or in-depth as blogging... in my opinion. I think it is a sad reflection on our fast paced, instant gratification lifestyle nowadays. I've stopped posting frequently because I have a "why bother" attitude. Why take the time to post when there is little to no feedback? It seems futile. So, I only play catch up every few months. I may start focusing there instead of Facebook though as FB seems to be devolving into memes, advertisements and Pinterest posts without a lot of real sharing going on.

Post a Comment