Monday, August 12, 2013

Living in a "Conditioned State'? NOT!!!

I have a condition!

No, really I do.

Not a serious condition OR a life threatening condition OR a detrimental condition. (Living in a house-full of men doesn't count as a condition - believe me I've tried)

It's a congenital anomaly condition...one I was born with but never knew I had until a week ago.

It won't keep me from lying, sitting, moving, running ~ though on some days it might feel like it will.

It won't keep me from growing older - even though it makes me feel old at times.

It won't even hinder me from LIVING each and every day! (unless of course, I allow it)

BUT...knowledge, more specifically the knowledge of my 'condition' is filled with both power and poison...destruction!

Here, let me explain. My life went about without a hitch - living through whatever ailments I called 'regulars' in my life without me thinking anything about it! One day, the curtains are pulled back and lo and behold I see the light...the light of my 'condition' which puts perspective to the oddities of my daily living into place - things make sense! However, now that I have this 'new-found' knowledge, does it empower me to 'blow the doors off' and rise above OR does it give me 'cause...reason' to be excused from LIFE...for a moment or longer because you know, "I have a condition?!"

I LOVE having new information that gives answers to questions I never even knew I had or should be asking. It's complete satisfaction of justified information. YET...I HATE having new information that now has the power to poison my "positive attitude of thinking" into settling for less; into living 'defeated'; into living a life of resignation!

At home I have had so much fun with my family (even finding others with conditions...Bailey :-) ) using playful banter in relation to my condition ~ 'What's for dinner? Ummm, I really haven't had time to think about it with my condition!" OR "Did you do xyz today? So, sorry, but with my condition holding me up..." We've laughed about it, we've joked about it, we've even thought up new ways to use "my condition" to get out of tasks, appointments, etc.

Truth is, how many times do we receive 'new' information about something we may be 'living through/with' that we then allow ourselves to settle for living in an altered state?(preface- I'm not talking about finding out you have cancer, and now your entire future looks different.). What or even Who are you am I being defined by?

So, the question to be asked is this: Am I going to chose to "USE" my condition to the fullest to define my life by
OR
Am I going to define my life by the ONE who gave me life while being "Aware" of the certain limitations I have?


I refuse to live with the 'knowledge' of my condition giving me power to live in a 'conditioned state'! So what, I have a condition...but I have something BIGGER than my condition too!
 I have a "Jesus Condition", one where I am fully surrendered into the arms of love, grace, mercy, healing, strength, compassion...I am and only will  be defined by Christ Jesus my King, where ALL knowledge and power comes from!

No comments:

Post a Comment