Wednesday, October 16, 2013

It's just a matter of TIME!

Time...

Actually probably one of the most...nope...THE MOST valuable thing we have! No amount of money could buy it! Everybody has it! There's nothing you can do to extend it. It's completely free and yet oh so valuable!

So, what are you doing with this treasured asset??
What do you do with the time you've been given each day?
Are you using it wisely?
Do you cherish it?
Are you throwing it away?
Are you taking it for granted?
Do you worry about the time you've spent OR how about the time you have?
Matthew 6:27 & Luke 12:25 says, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

We all have moments in time that we wish would stand still!
We all have moments in time where the clock can't tick fast enough!
We even all have time where we regret spending those 'moments' doing _____!

My time is precious!  What I do with my time is equally as precious! If it's so precious, then why do I WASTE so much of it, doing 'stupid' stuff?! If it is so precious and I state that it is, why don't I act that way - choosing to make every moment count - for the glory of God!

For me, F*cebook = time sucker! There really is no other way to describe this 'beast'.
For many it mimics the same addiction love affair others have with coffee/caffeine.
For many it's the first thing they go to when they wake up to see the 'latest' among friends, keep in mind that they checked it before going to bed the night before and since most of their friends aren't living abroad where the time change would offer new status updates, there really isn't much new to report.
For many they have it open 24/7 to be ready and waiting for any possible status update that they can be the first to like, first to comment...

I am and have been among the 'many' who've been sucked into FB's lair!  I resisted for many years not wanting to succumb to the temptation of social connectedness (after all I miss the days of letter writing and phone calls for real). I joined just after the oldest enlisted thinking it would be a great way for me to keep connected with his day to day-week to week adventures. He never posts!!! :-) And yet, I still use that as the excuse for my why, you know the just in case he posts something spectacular and all!

After spending much time  thinking about my 'waste of minutes' used checking status updates (which frankly, c'mon people - I really don't care to know about the thunder rumbling at your house - duh I can hear it in my own backyard OR the fog that blanketed your house this morning - duh I can see it out my own window~ a constant reminder of what kind of day it's going to be OR what you had for breakfast, lunch or dinner...ugh!), conviction has definitely kicked in and I must now begin to take time much more seriously, treating it precious as I state that it is!!!

So, I cannot rewind time or even make it stop. I must take a step, even the first step in 'reclaiming' my time ~ using it to glorify my God and King. I must be accountable for each and every moment and I'm all about making it all count! 



No comments:

Post a Comment