Friday, September 11, 2009

Anniversaries come and go

This day is a unique day!

Today is my father's birthday. A day that now holds a bittersweet remembrance for him.

9/11 a day that will forever be remembered by millions of people all over the world, as a day of sorrow and grief, sadness and mourning!

A day that holds a very different memory for me and for our family.

A day that we thought and dreamed about for months/years.

A day that gave us butterflies and gitty feelings all the same.

One year ago today we loaded 6 of us and a bazillion suitcases onto an airplane and flew half way around the world to a land unknown to us to receive a daughter, unknown to us.

Today is a very unique day!

4 comments:

Rubber Ducky Chronicles said...

This is such an emotional day for me as well. I have been crying on and off all day remembering the attacks 8 years ago and then the joy of going to pick up Ty. These are labor pains of a different sort.

Alyson and Ford said...

We are so amazed about our journey with all the families one year ago!
Tears of joy.

Alyzabeth's Mommy for ONE Year (almost)!

k1 said...

I just realized that I've only been on two adoption journeys, but my suitcases have been on three. And I don't have any children!!!

LauraM said...

Sept 11 will never be just any day to any of us anymore. I like remembering that it was the day you got on the plane to go get Abigail.

Post a Comment