It's a funny thing about the brain. There are those times when you want to FORGET something so as not to recall the feelings/emotion that comes with it...oh like let's say going to the dentist or having your blood drawn!!!
AND then there are those times when you want to REMEMBER something...oh like what you walked into the room to either tell your hubby or retrieve something and you cannot remember for the life of you why you are there?!? OR lets even say remember the cute and adorable things your kids have said through the years.
I cannot tell you how many times I have been told by my mother, "You've got to write this stuff down, cause believe me you won't remember it later!!!" She's right you know.
I can remember telling her some of the things Abigail has said that have just cracked us up and yet do you think I can remember them now to record them forever?!? Nope
So in a feeble attempt to stay young, I am going to reach into the deep recesses of my mind and try to recall some of what we'll call:
AND then there are those times when you want to REMEMBER something...oh like what you walked into the room to either tell your hubby or retrieve something and you cannot remember for the life of you why you are there?!? OR lets even say remember the cute and adorable things your kids have said through the years.
I cannot tell you how many times I have been told by my mother, "You've got to write this stuff down, cause believe me you won't remember it later!!!" She's right you know.
I can remember telling her some of the things Abigail has said that have just cracked us up and yet do you think I can remember them now to record them forever?!? Nope
So in a feeble attempt to stay young, I am going to reach into the deep recesses of my mind and try to recall some of what we'll call:
Abigail's Greatest Hits
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daddy: "Good-bye Abigail"
Abigail: "Where are you going daddy?"
Daddy: "I've gotta go to work."
Abigail: "You're going to work?"
Daddy: "Yes baby girl, I'm going to work."
Abigail: "Are you going to push paper?"
Daddy: (with head hung low)"Yes, I'm going to push paper!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Dalton walks in kitchen to find Abigail playing with her lunch}
Dalton: "Abigail, stop playing with your food"
Abigail: {with a puzzled look on her face} "How do you know my name???"
Dalton: "Because we gave you that name silly!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{The boys are having a sleepover, which means they line the living room floor with sleeping bags and blankets for the night. In the morning when Abigail woke up she found them all in the living room sleeping. She quietly (as a 2yr old can be) asks us who "That" (Cody) is?}
Abigail: "Who's that?"
Daddy: "That's Habeeb"
Abigail: "That's Habeeb?"
Daddy: "No, that's Rodriguez"
Abigail: "No, that's not Robridaz"
Daddy: "No, that's Fred"
Abigail: "No, that's not Fred"
Mommy: (seeing that the teasing isn't registering) "Abigail, that's Cody"
Abigail: "No, that's not Cody, that's Habeeb!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, that's for starters. In my quest to stay 'fresh and current' I think I am going to have a running sidebar to add them as they come along - yep that should do the trick. Now I just have to remember to add them to the sidebar ~ this whole getting older thing is for the birds!
2 comments:
You are funny. Abigail is too!
Love it. I also like the idea of adding them to the sidebar. And I agree -- getting old is for the birds!
Post a Comment