Sewing!!!
I LOVE to Sew!!!
The feel of fabric between my fingers...ahhhh, nothing quite like it! For some its the smell of freshly ground coffee. For others it might be the gentle aroma of chocolate. Nuh-uh ~ not for this chick! Don't get me wrong, I love coffee too. BUT...there is something about running your hands over a fresh bolt of fabric that sends shivers.

I've "tried" to sew clothing, but with much labor and "un"success. Quilting has been my passion for years ~ made 100's of them. Now with a toddler in the house (and all of my 'sewing' space taken up by the big kids in the house) I haven't really found the luxury of sewing quilts as it takes a lot of time, space and un-interrupted attention to complete a project so large.
Since I love to see things go from raw fabric to accomplished project in a short amount of time (that is at least what I have...a short amount of time) I have fancied upon a quick and easy pattern for a reversible shoulder bag. It's perfect. I can cut, sew and finish all in about 3-4 hours time. And it's the perfect bag to leave you 'hands-free' if you like (which is a must when shopping with a toddler).
Sewing brings me so much JOY!!!
And I cannot think of anything better to do this season than be JOY-FULL!!!
Sew (no pun intended - okay maybe just a little), as the morning light has already beckoned and clearly the 'grey' clouds are here to stay, looks like its the perfect day to hear the purr and humm of my Pfaff!
I LOVE to Sew!!!
The feel of fabric between my fingers...ahhhh, nothing quite like it! For some its the smell of freshly ground coffee. For others it might be the gentle aroma of chocolate. Nuh-uh ~ not for this chick! Don't get me wrong, I love coffee too. BUT...there is something about running your hands over a fresh bolt of fabric that sends shivers.

I've "tried" to sew clothing, but with much labor and "un"success. Quilting has been my passion for years ~ made 100's of them. Now with a toddler in the house (and all of my 'sewing' space taken up by the big kids in the house) I haven't really found the luxury of sewing quilts as it takes a lot of time, space and un-interrupted attention to complete a project so large.
Since I love to see things go from raw fabric to accomplished project in a short amount of time (that is at least what I have...a short amount of time) I have fancied upon a quick and easy pattern for a reversible shoulder bag. It's perfect. I can cut, sew and finish all in about 3-4 hours time. And it's the perfect bag to leave you 'hands-free' if you like (which is a must when shopping with a toddler).
Sewing brings me so much JOY!!!
And I cannot think of anything better to do this season than be JOY-FULL!!!
Sew (no pun intended - okay maybe just a little), as the morning light has already beckoned and clearly the 'grey' clouds are here to stay, looks like its the perfect day to hear the purr and humm of my Pfaff!


No comments:
Post a Comment