Can you imagine a world without hearing?
No wind ruffling between the leaves.
No birds tweeting and chirping their lullabies.
No baby crying because she just wants a hug and snuggle from her mommy.
No laughter between brothers.
No music made just for you by your child.
No barking dogs or cats meows.
No timer beeping letting you know your cookies are done.
It's deafening isn't it?
Guess who has an ear infection and can't hear out of one ear?
Yours truly!

Tuesday night I began to feel a sort of fullness in my left ear. By the time I went to bed that night I had throbbing pain and knew from the gecko that I was headed to the Dr. in the morning. 1 antibiotic, 2 sudafed every 4 hours and too many Tylenol to count I am trying to mend. Still can't hear out of my left ear which made me contemplate what life would be like without hearing. My conclusion is that it would truly be sad. Though I know so many suffer from either partial or full hearing loss - maybe from birth, maybe from an accident or maybe just from the aging process. All I know is that I am so thankful that I do have the gift of hearing, barring this short disability that currently plagues me. I look forward to hearing fully again!
No wind ruffling between the leaves.
No birds tweeting and chirping their lullabies.
No baby crying because she just wants a hug and snuggle from her mommy.
No laughter between brothers.
No music made just for you by your child.
No barking dogs or cats meows.
No timer beeping letting you know your cookies are done.
It's deafening isn't it?
Guess who has an ear infection and can't hear out of one ear?
Yours truly!

Tuesday night I began to feel a sort of fullness in my left ear. By the time I went to bed that night I had throbbing pain and knew from the gecko that I was headed to the Dr. in the morning. 1 antibiotic, 2 sudafed every 4 hours and too many Tylenol to count I am trying to mend. Still can't hear out of my left ear which made me contemplate what life would be like without hearing. My conclusion is that it would truly be sad. Though I know so many suffer from either partial or full hearing loss - maybe from birth, maybe from an accident or maybe just from the aging process. All I know is that I am so thankful that I do have the gift of hearing, barring this short disability that currently plagues me. I look forward to hearing fully again!
8 comments:
ahhh Praying for you.
I hope your house gets rid of all it's sickness and has a marvelous summer.
Praying for you my friend
So sorry that you're not 100% -- ear aches are no fun at all (but maybe a little better than a really sore throat -- count your blessings!)
Hope the antibiotics kick in soon.
I hope you feel and hear better soon. And, that's an amazing pic of you.
deb
Earaches hurt! I used to get ear infections. Ugh.
Hope your pain goes away and the hearing returns.... although it might be nice for a while not to hear, "Mom, where's my _____"?
I'm the queen of ear infections. Two already this season. I'm also completely deaf in my right ear. Beat ya didn't even notice it when we were in China. It kinda keeps ya from conversation in groups cause ya just can't hear everything, but hey I'm soooo very blessed to have very good hearing out of the other:) Sure hope you feel better soon. That's some painful stuff!
Sorry I can't help. Just keep taking those meds. The drops always seem to give me the fastest relief. My hearing lost is due to a real high fever when I was 11 Weeks old. The nerves are actually dead. But it's all good. Sometimes it's even a blessing. Got me out of Jury Duty....TWICE!:) Get well soon!
I love the collage in your banner. Your friend really takes marvelous photos. Of course, it helps that she has a gorgeous family for her subjects.
deb
Have been busy and just found out your blog moved. Love the new look - great photos of your beautiful family! Hope you are feeling better! Blessings, Wendy
Post a Comment