After an evening of fun, it doesn't take long for the 'little' one to remember the events from the night before...like CANDY!!!
So, as any good mother would do, we set a 'standard' for the morning consumption. WHEN you eat your breakfast (and I do mean all of it), THEN you can have 1 piece of candy!
Can you already begin to see the events unfold...Baby-cakes willingly and enthusiastically agrees that that would be a great idea. Once in her seat, her cereal no longer looked appetizing I suppose, as she quickly proclaimed, "I'm done. Can I have my sucker now?"
So...a little more prompting of her to eat her breakfast before I call it good and ask her if she's all done, of which she quickly replies yes and thinks she's getting her treat!
"Oh no, no, no, you did not eat your breakfast!" I tell her.
She looks at me for a second and then begins with, "How about if I go poop, then I can get my sucker. That's a good idea right?"
Let the bargaining begin...right?!?
So, as any good mother would do, we set a 'standard' for the morning consumption. WHEN you eat your breakfast (and I do mean all of it), THEN you can have 1 piece of candy!
Can you already begin to see the events unfold...Baby-cakes willingly and enthusiastically agrees that that would be a great idea. Once in her seat, her cereal no longer looked appetizing I suppose, as she quickly proclaimed, "I'm done. Can I have my sucker now?"
So...a little more prompting of her to eat her breakfast before I call it good and ask her if she's all done, of which she quickly replies yes and thinks she's getting her treat!
"Oh no, no, no, you did not eat your breakfast!" I tell her.
She looks at me for a second and then begins with, "How about if I go poop, then I can get my sucker. That's a good idea right?"
Let the bargaining begin...right?!?
1 comment:
She's got to hone her negotiating skills. Everyone knows she should get TWO suckers for going poop!
Post a Comment