It all started with a pot!
Not just any ordinary pot.
A dutch oven type of pot.
Not just any ordinary dutch oven either.
Rather an enamel coated cast iron dutch oven to be exact. (thanks Ford for the info)

A little flour, a little water, pinch of yeast and some salt and away you go onto your journey of making a delicious crusty crust artisan bread that leaves you feeling like you've just been to the local bakeria in Italy.

Now at this point, one would think you'd need to roll up your sleeves in preparation for a whole lot of kneading! Not so, grab another cup of coffee, snuggle under that warm fleece blanket and continue with that wonderful book you've engrossed yourself in. Okay...well somewhere in the world 'someone' would have the luxury of doing just that but for my little world, I think I'll continue cleaning my house, doing laundry, mopping up dog vomit and let's not forget the 3 year old who we've left to her own devices and has now layered the floor with Kleenex in an attempt to 'help mommy out' so the boys don't track in snow!

Back to the dough...still rising

So, here comes the flour part. Roll up your sleeves and well I'm not really sure why now cause you don't kneed to knead! Just fold twice and leave it. Back to figuring out what Abigail is doing now.

Awww, the moment has come to take a quick viewing of this beautiful bread in the baking process. The cover was on but of course what kind of photo op would that be right!

Is your mouth watering??? Mine is, so I think I better cut into this delectable loaf and see what lies inside!

Every bit as good as it looks, nah...even better! And can you believe it, this was my very first loaf making this bread! Since...I've made 5 more - couldn't help myself. Even put fresh rosemary in the one last night! YUMMM!

Let's talk TURKEY!!! This is the first time I attempted a brine for our turkey and can I just say OH MY GOSH, the ONLY way to cook a turkey. Fabulous doesn't even begin to describe the outcome of this bird.

AND, if I can say so (of course I can it's my blog right), this is the most beautiful turkey I've ever produced. AND...to save myself work, hassle, etc I cooked this bad boy the day before Thanksgiving to allow my time, energy and space in the kitchen for all of the other dishes on Thanksgiving Day.

Looks like someone else thought it might be a delicious bird too!

And though Thanksgiving is not all about the food (though for some it might be), it is a huge part of the holiday process.
We are so thankful for ALL that God has provided for us ~
No comments:
Post a Comment